No matter what time of year, planning the perfect date is about forethought. Whether it’s Valentine’s Day, your anniversary or just a Saturday night on the town, a romantic date with your special someone lets them know you truly care. You may think you’ve exhausted all your options, but there are tons of romantic destinations here in York, Pennsylvania.
If you find yourself in a dating rut, then it’s time to pull out all the stops to show you truly care. However, we understand that finding that perfect place can be difficult. If you’re wondering where to take a date in York, here are some of the best romantic things you can try that are sure to impress the one you love.
Take Your Date and Venture Into the Great Outdoors
Central Pennsylvania is a truly lovely place to live. Whether you’re a visitor to York or you call our community home, there are tons of quaint spots surrounded by the beauty of nature. These are some of our favorite romantic outdoor date ideas in York:
- Heritage Rail Trail County Park: Take to the paved trails under the shade of the native woodlands. As you stroll hand in hand, you’ll see a historic railroad complete with a steam locomotive. Stop in if you’re feeling like a historical tour of the region.
- AE Balloon Flights: In the mood for adventure? Fly high above the lovely landscape by whisking your date off in a hot air balloon. You’ll get incredible views of the Susquehanna River and Central Pennsylvania’s grand expanse.
- Lake Redman: If you and your special someone are a bit more outdoorsy, you’ll love spending a day hiking or kayaking with Lake Redman as your picturesque backdrop. You can even plan a picnic on the shore.
Eat, Drink and Be Merry
Whether you’re a foodie looking to indulge your palate or you wish to imbibe with a fine vintage or locally produced brew, these are some of the best restaurants, breweries and other locales where you can enjoy a romantic date in York:
- Susquehanna Ale Trail: Our county is home to many amazing established and up-and-coming breweries. You’ll love learning their stories and sampling some fine brews when you book an ale trail tour.
- Pinots Palette: Nothing says a high-class evening better than a glass of fine wine and putting your artistic talents to work. Enjoy imbibing as you and your date take an art class together.
- Blue Heron: Your date is sure to say “ooh la la” after sampling some fine dining at this establishment. Featuring French fare and other gourmet options from around the world, your taste buds will thank you after each exquisite bite.
- Mason-Dixon Wine Trail: Beautiful vineyards with their own unique stories and vintages dot the landscape throughout Central Pennsylvania. Discover them all as you sip your way down the wine trail.
Continue the Romance and Catch a Show
While York has many fine movie theaters where you can take in the latest blockbuster, why not plan something a little more refined? From musical theatre to the orchestra to classic cinema, York’s theatre and arts scene is the perfect place to impress your date. Check out all the upcoming events at these local performing arts venues:
Get Away and Unplug Together
Whether you’re lounging by the indoor pool or cozying up around the courtyard firepit, you’ll love your romantic and relaxing getaway at Wyndham Garden York. Our convenient location puts you right in the center of tons of romantic York attractions. Plus, you can unwind and just enjoy each other’s company as you experience our many incredible amenities.
Book your romantic getaway at Wyndham Garden York today.